I’ve been promising this for awhile, and, now that you have all of the necessary components…
Black Olive Tapenade
6 of your largest Roasted Tom halves
your Roasted Garlic Paste
3 or 4 cups of sliced black olives
Green Garden Spice*
- Buzz Toms in a buzzilator with a bit of the olive juice until smooth – place in a bowl, set aside
- Now add olives to buzzilator and puree. This part is entirely up to your taste. I prefer a bit of chunk left to my olives so I didn’t completely pulverize them, but if you’d rather them totally smooth go right ahead.
- Add olives to the bowl of pureed Toms and then add a dollop or 2 of the roasted garlic paste. Not so much that you overwhelm it but enough that you know the garlic’s there.
- Add a dash or 2 of Green Garden Spice and then mix it together.
- I spooned mine into a Mason jar and popped it in the fridge overnight so that all the flavours got acquainted, made friends, and tasted really good!
This is lovely with a smear of Roasted Garlic Paste underneath it on crackers or crusty bread or by itself. I’m thinking some Goat’s Cheese would be a nice addition as well as a sliver under it on a cracker.
*Sorry I’m not that good at naming things. This really is just green garden spice mixed together. We had some rosemary, thyme and basil growing out in the garden last summer and then I might of added a bit of dried oregano to the mix. At least it looks like I did. I don’t really know what I added but it tastes really good. So here’s a guess.
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1tbsp oregano
Add to mortar, and with pestle, grind medium fine.